With the weather getting cooler, one of my favorite food times of the year is arriving, too. I love to make soups! They are forgiving, comforting, filling and fun to put together. The hubs and I went to a wonderful restaurant, Bonnell’s Fine Texas Cuisine, in Fort Worth last Saturday and enjoyed a spicy tomato soup. I decided to make a similar one that would also be Paleo.
I did a little research and found two that sounded like they could be what I was looking for with a little bit of adapting…this one from Nom Nom Paleo and another from Everyday Paleo. I’ll make it a little spicier next time (we are Texans after all) but I was pretty pleased with the results. I’m hoping you might enjoy it, too, so here’s the recipe.
- 28 ounce can of Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 T. fresh minced thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 roasted jalapeño pepper, peeled, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 8.5 ounce Aroy-D coconut milk
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper