I have also brought them forward but without the pictures. I continue to work on them until they are complete here.
This post was about How to Make Bone Broth.
Here’s what to gather to make 8 cups of broth:
- 2 medium leeks, cleaned and cut in half crosswise (I buy the pre-trimmed ones from Trader Joes’s)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into three pieces
- 5 pounds of assorted bones (I use a mixture of chicken and pork bones from the freezer or cross shanks and oxtails)
- 8 cups of water (enough to cover the bones but not more than 2/3rd the capacity of the pressure cooker)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Red Boat fish sauce (much better than salt, IMHO)
Here’s how to make the broth:
Set the timer for 30 minutes (I let it go for 50 minutes if I’m cooking meaty shanks or oxtails). If I’m not in a rush, I set my Instant Pot on high pressure for 2 hours—the broth only gets better with more time.
When the timer dings, turn off the burner and remove the pot from the heat. Let the pressure release naturally (10-15 minutes).